Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Abstract Dancer

Just as I did with interfaces before evaluating whether interfaces were the way to go with the implementation of the data value objects, I thought I'd talk about abstract classes. Again, I realized that I had quite a lot to say, more than would fit into a single entry in this blog. What I thought that I would do would be to list the topics in this blog entry that I intend to talk about. Later, as I finished each of these separate blog entries, I would come back and update this blog entry to include the links to those individual blog entries. And now on with the show:

  • The Dancer Becomes the Dance. A discussion of abstract classes in general terms using dance as a metaphor.
  • You Can’t Get There from Here. An examination of the problems with abstract classes with some more use of the dance metaphor.
  • There are many paths to the Top of the Mountain. Some material on guidelines and suggestions about how to improve the use of abstract classes.

tags: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home