Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Parallel Processing

I have been creating my unit tests for my restructured web application.  I am making very good progress and I am happy with the results so far.  However, I am doing something that I have never done before and it seems to be quite useful to me.  I am developing the NUnit tests and, in parallel, I am updating a requirements document.  My users will never understand the NUnit tests but they do have a reasonable chance of understanding my requirements document.  Note that I am writing a very sparse requirements document; it is just a bunch of declarative statements which define the functional requirements.

The process has been to write a handful of unit tests and get them working.  Then go over to the requirements document and update that.  More than once the update of the document has prompted me to write one or more unit tests.  The back and forth has been interesting.  It has given me two different looks at the same problem space.  

This approach would seem to ensure that everything in the functional requirements is testable: I write the test immediately and if I cannot figure out how to write a test, I modify the requirement until I can write a test.  

Just thought that you might like to know.

1 Comments:

Blogger yo4rker said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home